SpyShelter 15.2.0.712 now available - Upgrade now!

Have one of those new Microsoft Surface devices? Now SpyShelter is Windows 11 for ARM compatible!

Upgrade to SpyShelter 15.2.0.712 now!

What’s new?

• SpyShelter now natively supports ARM devices!
  • UI enhancements due to user feedback.
  • Stability improvements due to user feedback and reports.
1 Like

Thanks for update :slight_smile:

1 Like

Auto-updates are now going out now to all SpyShelter users. Please give us feedback and let us know if you see any issues. Thanks @Olobambolo and everyone!

Thanks, updated today without any problems :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Carl.

Hailing even back to the good ol’ beta days, I’ve never used the auto-update, preferring to download the update exe to run it “over” the previous version.

I’m wanting to try the auto-update.

So when I enable it, what actually triggers the update?

(Might as well toss in a “wish”: When auto-update is disabled, an “Update Available” going active to select when the user chooses in Settings. Or any one of the usual notifications - in the UI, or the systray, etc…)

Thanks.

Thanks for your feedback!

Your SpyShelter client should check our server to see if we have an update, then your client should then update. There’s not much to it.

I’ll say though that we slowly roll out updates purposely so if there is an unexpected issue we can catch it before updating everyone. Of course we also do Quality Assurance testing before putting out an update. So, once you switch it on it might take awhile to update.

That’s a good idea to tell users with auto-update switched off that there IS an update they are missing! I will share the idea with our team.

@Surt

I made a mistake on my previous post.

Actually, our update system just alerts you of the update, then you must press an update button to update. We don’t ever do any hidden background update that the user isn’t aware of, therefore we are changing the text on this setting on the next update to “check for updates” so it’s more clear.

If you turn this feature on then SpyShelter will alert you to software updates and you must then press something like “OK” to install the update. We don’t do any updates without you participating in them.

Thanks for reporting this issue so we can improve SpyShelter.

1 Like

Thanks for the update!

I wasn’t reporting an issue, just my fear and uncertainty of hidden background behavior.

There is an Update button next to a “Latest Update” which renders once Auto-Update is enabled.

Obviously, my “wish” was fulfilled.

Cheers.

1 Like

I’m glad we were able to solve the issue! Meanwhile, we have another minor SpyShelter update coming in the next week or so.

We have now released a minor update today due to some UI issues. Please upgrade.

1 Like