SpyShelter 15.0 taskbar icon

HI,
Great work by SS 15.0 team. new UI looks excellent especially dark mode.

However, RED mark on SS taskbar icon does not feel good. It gives misunderstanding that something wrong with my system. I would prefer to show RED mark only for UNSIGNED app events. Is there any setting to change this behavior?

Thanks

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind words!

Yes, our own team has noticed this Red icon issue. We have been thinking about making a blue dot for Events, and red only for detected Threats maybe. What is your opinion?

1 Like

It is good to make blue and red dots as defaults, but I suggest giving users also an option to select what notification they would like to see. in the taskbar… For eg: for me I would prefer only red dots for an unsigned app / threat blocked by SS.

1 Like

I will share your feedback with our team. Thanks!

Considering that a new process could evoke multiple events where there could be a mix of behaviors, perhaps just change the nature of the icon itself from, say, white to yellow, indicating “Hey. Look in Events.”

Yellow, as in traffic signal yellow.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback. Interesting idea about changing the icon color itself. I am not sure if Windows allows that because I have not seen another Windows 10/11 app do it, but if you have an example I can share it with our designer and team.

Meanwhile I will pay closer attention to my own Taskbar notification area icons, perhaps I’m wrong about this.

Hello !

I think GREEN mark when all is OK if it is possible…
I see only RED mark not blue for the moment…

1 Like

Well, now that you mention it, I haven’t seen that either. My RSS reader, GlassWire, USB Safely Remove and even the Defender icon have dots. GlassWire even throws in a number as events accrue.

Oh well, another “great idea” I have goes down in flames. :cry:

1 Like

:slight_smile: I could be wrong. Who knows? I will keep a lookout on it, and maybe Microsoft will make changes! They seem to be changing the Taskbar a bit lately.

1 Like

I like this application but… Too many red dots. Too chatty. I would like to get red dots only when something is wrong, or get settings to change notifications my way.

@Back3 Good news! We are actively working on adding those options right now.

1 Like

I like your answer! Keep-on the good work! :grinning:

1 Like

We’ve implemented the setting that controls this and it will be available in our next update. Thanks for your feedback.

2 Likes