Registration-License Issue

Hello,

I replaced my broken motherboard and had to reinstall Windows (all other components are the same), and now I cannot re-activate my SpyShelter license. Initially, SpyShelter accepted my license number, but now it keeps asking for it, and my license is not working anymore, so I’m back to Free Mode and not protected.

When I try to activate SpyShelter, I receive the following error: “An unexpected error occurred (65535). Try to activate after rebooting.” I’ve tried rebooting, but it does not work.

Can you help me fix this issue?

Thank you!

P.S. I sent all my order/license info to @SpyShelterCarl via PM.

I believe I am running the latest version of SpyShelter, but there is a bug on the “About” page—I cannot see any info about the software version; only a gray window is displayed.

@Toriatama

Sorry for the issue. I can get it fixed for you.

Is it possible to post a screenshot of what you are seeing with the software “About” window (without including your activation code)? It will help me solve the problem.

Also, did you try rebooting? Does it still have the same error?

Of course, here is the screenshot of the “About” window:

Yes, I rebooted several times, tried to reinstall the program with the latest version, it did not work. It’s strange since when I reinstalled windows (keeping all the personal files and documents), at first it was working. But after a few hours later, the program stopped working (went back to the free version).

@Toriatama

Is it possible to send us the local private logs from this location on your PC? It can help us find and diagnose the issue.
~\AppData\Roaming\SpyShelter\SpyShelter\logs

Send to me privately in the forum or just email it to me here: Contact SpyShelter and Get Help with Free, Pro, or Ultimate (bottom left of web page email address)

I have sent an email to your helpdesk and also sent you the logs by PM. Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks, we’re checking them and will respond.

Hello again,

Important update: I noticed my system had issues with Windows Security Center—it was not able to start properly. Normally, I don’t pay much attention to it since I use SpyShelter and a good antivirus. However, since my Windows 10 installation was new and clean, the Security Center errors bothered me.

While trying to fix it over 2-3 days, I encountered many authorization errors: I couldn’t start a few Windows services, nor could I modify them due to authorization or dependency issues.

After trying several solutions, I finally realized that some permissions were corrupted, likely due to malware or a malicious process that changed settings before being intercepted by the antivirus. I used a tweaking repair tool to restore all Windows service permissions.

After rebooting, my antivirus detected a threat (a suspicious taskmgr.exe file) and removed it. This time, Windows Defender worked properly, and to my surprise, SpyShelter (Pro Version) was automatically re-activated without me doing anything!

So it turns out it was malware! I didn’t expect it could affect SpyShelter’s registration status as well.

Issue solved! Let me know if you need the latest log file.

Interesting! What mode was SpyShelter in when this all happened? If you go to our “Protection” tab, at the top middle you can see your mode.